The Purchasing and Contracts Coordinator is responsible for ensuring timely and cost-effective acquisition of products, services, and equipment. The position supports the entire University purchasing needs which requires an understanding of and the ability to independently apply the University's purchasing procedures for ongoing operations and large-scale projects.
Information provided below is a general description of responsibilities; it is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and may change depending on the needs of CUSM.
Essential Function: PURCHASING
1. Serves as primary contact and facilitator for all purchasing and contracting.
2. Functions as a liaison between departments, vendors, accounts payable,
receiving and problems arising with orders.
3. Prepares purchase orders and change orders for contracts, verifying that
the appropriate documentation and approvals have been submitted.
4. Contacts vendors to obtain price, availability of goods, shipping costs,
and ability to meet delivery deadline, ensuring compliance with state, federal,
and University policies.
5. Expedites orders to ensure that purchases are received in good condition and within
a reasonable time.
6. Monitors order status and facilitates communication with vendors
to resolve any and all problems related to delays, back orders, complaints,
invoices, and incompatible fund issues utilizing the appropriate paperwork
and protocols to reconcile credits, repairs and adjustments.
7. Assists departments in contract negotiation and compliance.
8. Organizes, updates, and retains product information files.
9. Makes recommendations to expenditure authorities regarding purchasing
issues, cost effectiveness of supplies, and needs to support overall program activity.
10. Conducts yearly analysis of the high cost and/or high-volume purchases for cost savings.
11. Conducts yearly analysis of contracts performance and service levels.
12. Negotiates the terms, dates and payments of contracts with service vendors
13. Creates purchase order numbers for all contracts and manage payments through
their employers' accounts payable departments.
14. Maintains contract files and ensures that the proper departments are charged,
which helps accounting departments better allocate and manage company budgets.
15. Evaluates the performance of vendors and discontinuing the contracts of those
who don't meet their standards.
16. Performs other purchasing and contracts related tasks as requested or assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Education and Experience
Typical office environment with minimum changes in noise and temperature.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to fingers, reach, climb stairs, walk, sit for long periods of time, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement:
California University of Science and Medicine (CUSM) supports the principles of equal opportunity, inclusion and diversity in employment and education. The University seeks to ensure that no person will encounter discrimination in employment or education on the basis of age, skin color, ability status, biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, immigration status, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual identity, or Veteran's status. This policy is applicable to both the employment practices and administration of programs and activities within the University. It is the policy of the University that no person shall be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or in any way be subject to discrimination in any program or activity at the University. Further, CUSM is committed to being an antiracist institution that continuously works to end oppression in all forms. Therefore, CUSM actively maintains institutional structures and learning opportunities to prevent incidents of bias or discrimination, and to address them with individual and collective accountability should they occur.
Your application was submitted successfully.