Special Requirements and Conditions
Must be able to work in an office environment
Under the general direction of the Senior Associate Dean, the executive director will lead, innovate, and deliver policies, programs and processes involving equity, inclusion, diversity, educational pathways, talent management, capacity building, and training.
Information provided below is a general description of responsibilities; it is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and may change depending on the needs of CUSM.
· Orchestrates initiatives aligned with CUSM’s mission and strategic plan
that specifically address equity, inclusion and diversity (EID).
· Advocates for and fosters an inclusive, engaging, responsive culture of inclusive
excellence to optimize the performance, belonging, development, and growth
of faculty, staff and students.
· Fosters and advocates an inclusive learning environment that integrates content and
principles related to EID to strengthen and maintain a comprehensive educational experience
for all students.
· Articulates and promotes the benefits of EID to achieve excellence in medical
education, research, health care delivery, healthcare workforce development
and health equity.
· Analyzes and leverages institutional data and trends to maintain policies, programs,
services, and resources to achieve and sustain the mission, goals and strategic interests
of the school related to EID.
· Engages and collaborates with students, faculty, staff, clinical affiliates, and
community partners in a manner that reflects and models understanding, appreciation, and
respect for human differences.
· Ensures representation of different voices, especially those who are historically
underrepresented and/or economically or educationally disadvantaged, in conversations
and initiatives that influence the institution’s operations.
· Understands current legal and educational policies and practices and their implications
to meet the school’s mission, goals, and specific diversity interests.
· Supports initiatives of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee at CUSM.
· Effectuates and supports the Equity, Ethics, Professionalism and Mistreatment
Process at CUSM, including managing the Equity Response Team and serving as a
trusted resource and advocate.
· Collaborates with campus colleagues to provide a range of formal and informal
activities and programs that build capacity to increase awareness of oppression,
power, and privilege and develop the skills to practice antiracism, inclusion, and allyship.
· Establishes and maintains networks that enable collaboration and the ability to
effectively meet the EID needs of CUSM.
· Supports programs and activities that affirm identity, build community, and cultivate
leadership enabling all entities at CUSM to effectively partner with communities
and advocate for change.
· Applies data and feedback to develop training, briefings, and active learning opportunities
for growth and development related to EID awareness and skills.
· Supports both assistant deans in training, scheduling, leadership, data management
and collection and committee management activities.
· Supports scholarship endeavors and activities related to EID.
· Manages the budget for the EID unit.
· Other projects as assigned such as external recruitment visits, search committees,
scholarship committees, and special events.
· May supervise others as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to understand different perspectives as applied to student, staff, and faculty support.
· Ability to articulate the values and mission of CUSM with a core understanding
of social/structural determinants of health and health equity.
· Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
· Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
· Knowledge of presentation, word processing and spreadsheet software; use of
Microsoft Office Suite (including Teams).
· Knowledge of social media as an educational tool.
· Knowledge of podcasting, video chatting, and group meeting interfaces.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in related field, with five years of related experience.
Master’s or doctorate degree in related field preferred with five years of related experience.
2. Experience with quantitative and/or qualitative research platforms such as
STATA, SPSS, Qualtrix, etc. preferred.
3. Must have a valid U.S. Driver's License.
4. Some evenings and weekends work may be required.
• General office environment with low level noise.
• Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds, carrying, bending, pushing and/or pulling.
• Significant fine finger dexterity
• Sitting – 85%
• Walking – 10%
• Standing – 5%
Your application was submitted successfully.