The Multimedia Technology Analyst provides support to faculty, staff and students in smart spaces across the building (classrooms, conference rooms, college rooms and others). The individual will also work with the network team to ensure secure connectivity to all smart spaces.
• Maintains AV technologies that support the teaching, learning and research mission of the
• Deploys technology hardware and/or software applications via in-person and virtual assistance
for students, faculty, staff and selected guests.
• Supports and utilizes monitoring tools to troubleshoot incidents and enhance the availability of
smart spaces services.
• Participates in the development and assessment of academic technologies and supports
learning-based technologies in multiple formats.
• Performs equipment refreshes and hardware installations; troubleshoots with vendor to identify
issues and initiate fixes and resolutions.
• In collaboration with the Network Manager/Analyst, support campus network access to
computers and mobile devices.
• Maintains any required auxiliary equipment pools to supplement and/or replace deployed
equipment and technologies.
• Performs testing, inspection, preventive maintenance and monitoring to assure established
expectations are met.
• Conducts orientations and training sessions to build user skills in classroom technologies.
• Researches new products to remain current with market trends and recent technology
requirements and provides product recommendations to ensure effective operability and
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to internal use policies, procedures,
designs/configurations, and proper usage of equipment.
• Performs related responsibilities as required.
1 Graduate of a Bachelor's degree in computer sciences or information technology or
related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and the knowledge
and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
2 Documentation, planning, work prioritization and organizational skills.
3 Exceptional troubleshooting skills by using effective, investigative methods and by using help
desk troubleshooting tools.
4 Written, verbal and presentation communication skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic
environment handling multiple priorities.
5 Demonstrated skill in effectively using a computer and applications such as Microsoft Office
(Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point. Knowledge of, or experience working in
web or cloud-based business environments.
6 Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse groups. Excellent oral and written
communication skills. Experience working with vendors to support hardware/software.
7 Demonstrated skill in interpreting policy and procedures related to the position and keeping
8 Skills in organizing resources. Must effectively prioritize assignments to complete work in a
timely and accurate manner under pressure of deadlines, and with frequent interruptions and
9 Ability to sit or stand for variable periods of time. Use computer, keyboard, and other means
of system interface; stand, walk, bend, reach, intermittently throughout the day. Ability to
work in a typical office environment with minimum exposure to changes in noise and
Experience working in higher education.
Your application was submitted successfully.