The Physician Practice Plan Administrator is responsible for managing the administrative aspects of CUSM Health, including but not limited to: Revenue Cycle Administration, Physician Contracting, Physician Credentialing, Clinical Operations, Clinical Partnership Management. The Practice Manager oversees the adequacy and soundness of the clinical practice plans financial structures, reviews operating results of the clinical contracts and clinical operations, compares them to established objectives and benchmarks and takes steps to ensure the appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results. Establishes current and long-range objectives, plans and policies, subject to the approval of CUSM’s Dean/President. Proposes the CUSM Health Budget needs, and manages approved annual budget.
Information provided below is a general description of responsibilities; it is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and may change depending on the needs of CUSM.
• Facilitates, encourages, and participates in improvement efforts alongside team members
• Communicates clearly and effectively with team members and stakeholders to ensure forward progress of CUSM Health goals
• Demonstrates humility and displays interest in team members
• Establishes daily processes that provide the team flexibility to perform as effectively as possible
• Fosters positive and actionable feedback to staff
• Meets with clinical staff as needed
• Negotiates Contracts
• Assists with payer contract negotiations, manages billing reports, prepares budget and variance reports.
• Ensures all federal and state law and guidelines are followed (OSHA, HIPAA, etc.)
• Ability to inspire and motivate others
• Ability to be self-conscious, to accurately assess self, have a fair understanding for others, facilitate communication, collaboration, and work with
• Ability to establish and promote relations, helping others to get the opportunity to grow.
• Collects, organizes, and interprets information.
• Adapts to change in dealing with new situations to define strategies and solutions.
• Understands and is aware of organizational events, listens with an open mind, and understands the sources of obtaining and information exchange.
• Assimilates information from various sources, discovers their meaning and interpretation of specialized information for the purpose of communication
and general use.
• Ability to see things from a broader perspective, conceptualizing, set theory, predicting the future and developing long-term plans.
• Ability to use analytical tools/techniques from functional disciplines (finance, marketing, operations management), statistics and computers to
• Ability to identify goals and standards, the distribution of personnel and resources, and to evaluate performance.
• Ability to dedicate the achievement of the objectives, work in conditions of limited resources, respect deadlines, routing the others and efficiency.
• Ability to take initiative, seek and use opportunities, risks, decision making in uncertain conditions, and allow things to happen.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in the same or similar job.
Supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge of the healthcare industry preferred.
Previous recent Physician Practice Management of small to medium private or academic physician practice.
General office environment with low levels of noise.
Occasional lifting, carrying, bending, pushing and/or pulling.
Significant fine finger dexterity
Sitting – 85%
Walking – 10%
Standing – 5%
Your application was submitted successfully.