Will work with the Associate Dean for Basic Research (ADBR) to provide support the research activities in CUSM research laboratories
Information provided below is a general description of responsibilities; it is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and may change depending on the needs of CUSM.
- Work closely with the PI and students to assist with research projects.
- Conduct research experiments, present research data, and provide reporting to the PI.
- Maintain cell lines in accordance with specific procedures.
- Process biological samples in accordance with specific procedures
- Ensure proper functioning of lab equipment, request repairs/service as needed.
- Mentors and trains staff/students, interns, or volunteers in lab related skills.
- Maintains accurate records of procedures used to conduct experiments.
Job Requirements – Minimum Qualifications Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated analytical skills to collect, interpret, organize, and present programmatic data.
- Well organized, high energy, effective at multi-tasking and planning, self-motivated.
- Strong recordkeeping, interpersonal, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Knowledge of basic information systems (Word, Excel, Adobe, and other database applications.
- Basic laboratory procedures (e.g., Preparation of solutions and reagents following specific instructions).
- Molecular analysis including, but not limited to, Protein, DNA, RNA, and/or flow cytometry, chromatography, enzyme assays, implement kit-based assays.
- Knowledgeable with statistical as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, GraphPad, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with cell culture techniques and biological samples processing.
- Experience in establishing new laboratory methods and techniques as needed.
Bachelor’s degree with major in biochemistry, molecular/Cell biology, chemistry, or related field.
- Minimum two years’ experience in wet lab research.
- Coauthor on a peer-reviewed research paper.
- General office and Lab Environment
- Occasional lifting, carrying, bending, pushing and/or
- Significant fine finger dexterity
- Sitting – 25%
- Walking – 25%
- Standing – 50%